Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sleep is NOT overrated - update

Piper has been enjoying her little bath tub so much that Chris wanted to see how she felt about the big bath with bubbles. She seemed amazed and just loved floating around. I guess she gets this from her big brother Bash who also loves the bath tub. I'm hoping this means Piper will enjoy swimming this summer, she's already got a cute suit to show off at the pool.
Our girl sure does love to make funny faces. Most of the time she looks at Chris or I with such big eyes taking it all in.
She's gotten more alert and loves to look around the house trying to understand where she lives.
But sometimes mommy and daddy see the sad face accompanied with a weak little cry. It sure does break your heart because it's so precious.
Here's our big girl in such a cute outfit. The flower is bigger than her face, but I do wish I had a bow for her head to go with this outfit.
I had a special first Mother's Day with my little lady and my sweet husband. I got a gift certificate for a massage and to get some flowers for the yard. Then Uncle Alwyne came to babysit while Chris and I enjoyed a nice dinner out.
Uncle Craig these pics are for you - here is Piper with a death grip on her lambie. I wonder what her lambie will look like in 20 years. I guess it all depends on if she drags it everywhere with her like I did with mine.
Now the reason for the title of this post - Piper is learning how good it feels to sleep for long chunks of time and she is rewarding her parents with 5 hours of sleep at night. A girl at church a few weeks ago told me it gets easier when you reach 6 weeks, well she was totally right. Piper is now 6 weeks old and for the past week we have had 5 hours of sleep at night from our girl. She usually falls asleep around 10 pm and will sleep until 3 am, have a quick snack, and then go back to sleep until 6:30ish. She is also sleeping all night in her car seat or bassinet and not in the bed with us. It is amazing how refreshed I feel after some solid sleep. Also I've been laying Piper down when she is sleepy and she's fallen asleep on her own a few times. I hoping that writing this doesn't jinx us tonight. Here are a few more pics of our sweet Piper sleeping.




We are so thankful that God gave us this little girl. She really is a good baby. Her nighttime fussiness/acid reflux problem has gotten so much better. I think it's because she's grown, but it may be the medicine doing it's job. Also she is spitting up less and the baby acne/eczema has gone down. The other day I was telling her about God and she was making the happy face, we are praying that she will know God as her Lord and Savior.












No comments:

Animoto.com

Our First Home

Our First Home