Sunday, September 27, 2009

Piper's Favorite Food

It is NOT sweet potatoes. We heard that all babies love sweet potatoes so we tried them first, but as you can see, Piper's reaction to them was not love. She is better at eating them, but only because I believe it involved the spoon. She will let the food in her mouth, but she does not gobble it up. Although she has never gobbled her food which may be why she's petite thing. I am just praying that this does not lead to being a picky eater.




Here she is getting some rice cereal and it obviously tastes better than those orange sweet potatoes.
We've also tried peas, but got the same reaction as the sweet potatoes. I think I read that it takes 15-18 tries of a new food before acquiring a taste for it. I've made some baby food and Piper definitely has enough for 15 tries of sweet potatoes. The recipe I followed in the baby cookbook made a ton. We now have a freezer full of sweet potatoes, squash, zucchini, pears, apples, and peaches. Also my thoughts on making baby food - it's fun and if you are a stay at home mom probably enjoyable, but for me I've decided that as a working mom it isn't really worth my time and money especially when I can buy organic jarred baby food that has all the same ingredients as what I do at home. Plus Chris thinks it makes a mess in the kitchen and not worth my time cleaning up.







No comments:

Animoto.com

Our First Home

Our First Home